Institution building and capacity building services are offered through technical assistance to SHGs, village level organisations (VLOs), SHG-Cluster Level Federations (CLFs), Primary Producer Organisations (PPOs) for strengthening their on-farm /non-farm livelihoods or to institutions- NGOs, CBOs, Cooperatives in streamlining their services to the community in doing so. These services aim at productivity enhancement, Risk Mitigation, Value Addition/Product Enhancement, Improved Market Linkages, collective bargaining and market intelligence.
At a macro level we assist state and central governments, bilateral and multilateral donors to form sector specific policies that consciously attempt to evolve certain processes and reinforce a set of procedures.
At a micro level, for the above grass root organizations, we support in structuring the organizations, capacity building on change management, exposure and long term handholding support services to interact and transact in a sustainable manner. The services lead to enhanced skills for high level of performance to achieve the purpose for which the institutions are established.
Project Brief: Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Govt. of India and National Institute of Rural Devlopment (NIRD), Govt. of India supported State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM) for institution building and capacity building of SHGs, VOs and CLFs. We have been supporting J&K Rural Livelihood Mission (JKRLM), Chhattisgarh State Rural Livelihood Mission (CGSRLM), Punjab SRLM, Rajasthan SRLM (Raajivika) under this Mission and Madhya Pradesh SRLM. The following services are offered under this Mission:
a. Promotion and strengthening of member owned, member-managed, member controlled and financially sustainable institution
b. Development of CBOs (SHGs, VOs and CLFs) as model institutions
c. Institutionalization of effective governance, management and financial systems
d. Ensure achievement of self-reliance and financial self-sufficiency of CBOs
e. Development of social capital at CLF level for ensuring sustainable community institutions
f. Promote governance and management of CLF
g. CB of CLF leaders in effective human resource management of CLF
h. CB of CLF leaders in office management of CLF
i. CB of CLF leaders in financial management of CLF
j. Support to SRLM in legalisation of CLFs
k. CB of SRLM Staff on Model CLF
Making this possible requires the ability to work across sectors and stakeholders, under circumstances in which discretion and compliance are essential. From government, to the private sector to civil society organisations, we build partnerships, identify integration opportunities, and introduce levels of governance and accountability that meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
From small pilot projects to sophisticated, multi-year programs that impact societies, economies, and lives, we adapt to any environment and realise results.
Key Focus Areas
Project Brief: Sate Urban Development Agency (SUDA), Govt. of West Bengal had commissioned this project for developing DPR on scientific solid waste management (SWM) (SWM) as per SWM Rules 2016 for the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in West Bengal (India). We The People has developed the DPR for 17 ULBs in West Bengal. Besdies, it has been offering project management consultancy services to 17 ULBs in execution of the DPR for scientific solid waste management (SWM) as per SWM Rules 2016 for the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in West Bengal (India). The following services are offered under thise Mission:
· To conduct area survey to assess local demography, number of households, quantum of waste generation, bulk waste generators in city at daily markets, commercial establishment, educational institutions, hostels, bus terminus, railway station, burning ghats, slums etc.
· To assess existing system runs by the ULB for collection, segregation and transportation with all details of vehicles, utilities and human resources i.e existing manpower of conservancy staff (permanent & daily wages labourers)
· To propose efficient collection and transportation system as per SWM rule 2016, considering future expansion with all details of vehicles, utilities, human resources i.e. existing manpower of conservancy staff( permanent & daily wages labours) and frequency of garbage collection.
· To locate existing disposal ground (area in acres), whether as per RoR ULB is in possession of disposal ground, whether NOC has been obtained from WBPCB. In the event the ULB does not have any disposal site whether they have approach to the district collector for allocation of required quantum of land.
· To hold detailed citizen consultation on the issue in order to conceive an overall strategy that will define the concept, objective and implementation mechanism of waste management in city.
· To prepare a Detailed Project Report for effective implementation of SWM in city.
· To suggest on IEC activities to be undertaken for generating mass awareness.
· To impart handholding training to the motivators including councilors, officials, students, municipal health workers, SHG members
· To suggest for convergence with other government programme for effective planning of waste management.
· Preparation of Bye-law in tandem with the policy framed by the State Government, Urban Local Body, Waste Management Rules 2016 and directives issued time to time from National Green Tribunal considering the local aspects of the city.
Project Brief: Dept. of Urban Development, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh in order to connect the city service providers- Plumbers, Electricians, Drivers, Domestic Help, etc. with the city customers, commissioned this project of creating a Web-based platform and Mobile App, which was first of its kind innovative project, promoted by a state government in India. We The People was assigned this project by Govt. of HP to conceptualise, design, develop this Web-based platform and mobile app for GoHP. The following scope of work was included:
- Submission of Software Requirements Specification and design document.
- Development of android mobile application as per scope of work (support android OS and other platforms) and demonstration of same to SULM.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of Mobile Application by 10 ULBs as well as SULM.
- Final Mobile application customized after UAT.
- Hosting of final Mobile Application on web server and go live after approval by SULM along with submission of user manuals.
- Capacity building of State Urban Livelihood Mission Staff on the Mobile App.
We The People undertakes participatory action research, studies and policy advocacy as an important programme intervention strategy to influnce public policy for sustainable livelihood, environment and natural resource management, health, education and other social sector issues. It includes undertaking participatory action research, social and environmental impact assessment, impact assessment studies in order to facilitate/ influence policies of the government and private sector with regard to social sector schemes and programmes.
· Currently executing PSU’s skill development programmes for the VRS employees or one of their dependents under Counselling, Retraining and Redeployment (CRR) Project, a partnership project between the Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Heavy Industries, Govt. of India and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
· Undertaken a Study on Scientific Solid Waste Management through Micro Planning and Development of DPR for 17 Municipalities of West Bengal commissioned by State Urban Development Agency (SUDA), Govt. of West Bengal.
· Currently executing Schemes viz. DDUGKY, NULM, Madhya Pradesh SC Finance Corporation, etc. with various state governments.
· Implementing CSR Livelihoods and Skill Development Project viz. Swabalamban Project at ACC Ltd. at Barmana, Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh
· Partnering with Snapdeal for training and hiring Feet on Street executives for assisting MSMEs to become registered sellers of Snapdeal (Pan India).
· Worked with JSL Stainless Limited for developing strategy on skills development and sustainable livelihoods of the people living in project affected villages in Kalinga Nagar, Jajpur district of Odisha.
· Technical Resource Agency to Hindustan Zinc Ltd., Udaipur for developing Detailed Project Report (DPR) and Gram panchayat (GP) level micro plan for holistic development of 12 poverty-stricken GPs in two blocks viz. Railmagra & Khamnore of Rajsamand district through public-private partnership (Govt of Rajasthan, HZL, We The People and Justrojgar) aligned with Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
· Conducted due diligence of National Level NGOs for funding support by Vedanta Group in Maharashtra, Assam, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
· Offered soft skills training to the blue-collar workers of DLF Group in Delhi & NCR.
· Worked with Jindal Steel and Power Ltd. (JSPL) on CSR initiatives and did social-impact assessment study at Patratu, Jharkhand and Raigarh, Chhattisgarh.
· We are working with the Government of Rajasthan and Himachal Pradeshthrough public private partnerships for promotion of sustainable livelihoods that includes wage employment, self-employment and micro-enterprise development.
· Worked with ArcelorMittal for its various CSR projects in Keonjhar district (Orissa). These projects included health care & nutrition for women & children, qualitative education for pre-school children, skill development of youth and women and alternative livelihoods for project affected families.
· Implemented Women Self-Help Group Project in Sirmour district of Himachal Pradesh in partnerships with NABARD, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh and SBI, UCO Bank, PNB, SBoP, Himachal Grameen Bank and Himachal State Cooperative Bank.
· Business Development Service provider for Textiles Committee, Ministry of Textiles, GoI and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) for promotion of Handloom Sector. WTP has provided skills training to more than 5000 clients so far across the country.