Institution building and capacity building services are offered through technical assistance to SHGs, village level organisations (VLOs), SHG-Cluster Level Federations (CLFs), Primary Producer Organisations (PPOs) for strengthening their on-farm /non-farm livelihoods or to institutions- NGOs, CBOs, Cooperatives in streamlining their services to the community in doing so. These services aim at productivity enhancement, Risk Mitigation, Value Addition/Product Enhancement, Improved Market Linkages, collective bargaining and market intelligence.
At a macro level we assist state and central governments, bilateral and multilateral donors to form sector specific policies that consciously attempt to evolve certain processes and reinforce a set of procedures.
At a micro level, for the above grass root organizations, we support in structuring the organizations, capacity building on change management, exposure and long-term handholding support services to interact and transact in a sustainable manner. The services lead to enhanced skills for high level of performance to achieve the purpose for which the institutions are established.
Key Focus Areas
· Strategy Design
· Support in statutory compliances
· Business Performance improvement
· Governance structures
· Capacity Building
· Policy Advocacy
· Agri-value chains
· Non-farm sector development
I. Institution Building and Capacity Building of SHGs and Women SHGs, VOs and CLFs.
Project Brief: Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Govt. of India and National Institute of Rural Devlopment (NIRD), Govt. of India supported State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM) for institution building and capacity building of SHGs, VOs and CLFs. We have been supporting J&K Rural Livelihood Mission (JKRLM), Chhattisgarh State Rural Livelihood Mission (CGSRLM), Punjab SRLM, Rajasthan SRLM (Raajivika) under this Mission and Madhya Pradesh SRLM. The following services are offered under this Mission:
a. Promotion and strengthening of member owned, member-managed, member controlled and financially sustainable institution
b. Development of CBOs (SHGs, VOs and CLFs) as model institutions
c. Institutionalization of effective governance, management and financial systems
d. Ensure achievement of self-reliance and financial self-sufficiency of CBOs
e. Development of social capital at CLF level for ensuring sustainable community institutions
f. Promote governance and management of CLF
g. CB of CLF leaders in effective human resource management of CLF
h. CB of CLF leaders in office management of CLF
i. CB of CLF leaders in financial management of CLF
j. Support to SRLM in legalisation of CLFs
k. CB of SRLM Staff on Model CLF
With a team of professionals, practitioners and domain experts on the ground, our clients rely on us to bring local knowledge, unparalleled technical expertise, and an impact-focused precision to bear on their most complex projects. We manage large-scale, social and economic change projects, while ensuring on-time and on-budget result printed service delivery. Every program we take on is delivered flawlessly while safeguarding those we serve.
Making this possible requires the ability to work across sectors and stakeholders, under circumstances in which discretion and compliance are essential. From government, to the private sector to civil society organisations, we build partnerships, identify integration opportunities, and introduce levels of governance and accountability that meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
From small pilot projects to sophisticated, multi-year programs that impact societies, economies, and lives, we adapt to any environment and realise results.
Key Focus Areas
· Development of Detailed Project Reports (DPRs)
· Project Management Consultancy
· Innovative Project Conceptualisation, Design and Development
· Project Monitoring and Reporting
· Technical Support to Govt. Schemes and Programmes
· Technical Support to CSR Projects
I. DPR Development on Scientific Solid Waste Management (SWM) as per SWM Rules 2016 for the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in West Bengal (India)
Project Brief: Sate Urban Development Agency (SUDA), Govt. of West Bengal had commissioned this project for developing DPR on scientific solid waste management (SWM) (SWM) as per SWM Rules 2016 for the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in West Bengal (India). We The People has developed the DPR for 17 ULBs in West Bengal. Besdies, it has been offering project management consultancy services to 17 ULBs in execution of the DPR for scientific solid waste management (SWM) as per SWM Rules 2016 for the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in West Bengal (India). The following services are offered under thise Mission:
· To conduct area survey to assess local demography, number of households, quantum of waste generation, bulk waste generators in city at daily markets, commercial establishment, educational institutions, hostels, bus terminus, railway station, burning ghats, slums etc.
· To assess existing system runs by the ULB for collection, segregation and transportation with all details of vehicles, utilities and human resources i.e existing manpower of conservancy staff (permanent & daily wages labourers)
· To propose efficient collection and transportation system as per SWM rule 2016, considering future expansion with all details of vehicles, utilities, human resources i.e. existing manpower of conservancy staff( permanent & daily wages labours) and frequency of garbage collection.
· To locate existing disposal ground (area in acres), whether as per RoR ULB is in possession of disposal ground, whether NOC has been obtained from WBPCB. In the event the ULB does not have any disposal site whether they have approach to the district collector for allocation of required quantum of land.
· To hold detailed citizen consultation on the issue in order to conceive an overall strategy that will define the concept, objective and implementation mechanism of waste management in city.
· To prepare a Detailed Project Report for effective implementation of SWM in city.
· To suggest on IEC activities to be undertaken for generating mass awareness.
· To impart handholding training to the motivators including councilors, officials, students, municipal health workers, SHG members
· To suggest for convergence with other government programme for effective planning of waste management.
· Preparation of Bye-law in tandem with the policy framed by the State Government, Urban Local Body, Waste Management Rules 2016 and directives issued time to time from National Green Tribunal considering the local aspects of the city.
II. Conceptualisation, design, development and maintenance of Mobile Application for City Livelihoods Centres (CLCs) under National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) for Dept. of Urban Development, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh (GoHP).
Project Brief: Dept. of Urban Development, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh in order to connect the city service providers- Plumbers, Electricians, Drivers, Domestic Help, etc. with the city customers, commissioned this project of creating a Web-based platform and Mobile App, which was first of its kind innovative project, promoted by a state government in India. We The People was assigned this project by Govt. of HP to conceptualise, design, develop this Web-based platform and mobile app for GoHP. The following scope of work was included:
- Submission of Software Requirements Specification and design document.
- Development of android mobile application as per scope of work (support android OS and other platforms) and demonstration of same to SULM.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of Mobile Application by 10 ULBs as well as SULM.
- Final Mobile application customized after UAT.
- Hosting of final Mobile Application on web server and go live after approval by SULM along with submission of user manuals.
- Capacity building of State Urban Livelihood Mission Staff on the Mobile App.
We The People undertakes participatory action research, studies and policy advocacy as an important programme intervention strategy to influnce public policy for sustainable livelihood, environment and natural resource management, health, education and other social sector issues. It includes undertaking participatory action research, social and environmental impact assessment, impact assessment studies in order to facilitate/ influence policies of the government and private sector with regard to social sector schemes and programmes.